Stings from bees and wasps.
This happens when the bee injects its poison into the skin. A blister appears and the surrounding area becomes red and inflamed. Bur usually all symptoms disappear within 24 hours. Symptoms include swelling beyond the sting site, breathing difficulty and faintness. Some people are so sensitive to the venom that the symptoms are known to be fatal. Anyone who is already aware that he such an allergy should carry antihistamine pills and he should also wear a medic alert bracelet. When the bee stings, it leaves its stinger- a sharp, fine horny needle with barbs on both sides – embedded in the sting site. First, remove the sting with tweezers. Do not apply too mush pressure, as this will cause more poison to be injected.
A safer way is to scrape it away with the blunt edge of a knife.
Here are some useful remedies:
1. Applying meat tenderiser to the sting will weaken or even break down the toxin and relieve the pain.
2. Rub ice on the sting.
3. Apply a paste of water and bicarbonate of soda.
4. The sap or milky juice that drips at the time of plucky the mango gives immediate relief.
5. A pinch of camphor should be mixed with a tblsp of vinegar and applied to the sting.
6. A pinch of camphor should be mixed a tblsp of clarified butter (ghee) and applied to the affected area.
7. Rubbing vinegar or lemon juice is excellent in bee stings.
These remedies are also useful for other insect bites.