•Keep cut flowers fresh longer by adding a teaspoon to the water in the vase.
•Put out small fires on rugs, upholstery, clothing, and wood.
• Put an open container of baking soda in the fridge to absorb the odors.
•Sprinkle it on your ashtrays to reduce bad odor and prevent smoldering.
•Sprinkle it on your slippers, boots, shoes, and socks to eliminate foul odor.
•After feeding your baby, wipe his shirt with a moist cloth sprinkled
with baking soda to remove the odor.
•Wipe your windshield with it to repel rain.
• Improve the smell of dishrags by soaking them in baking soda and water.
• Suck it in with your vacuum cleaner to remove the odor.
• Freshen the air by mixing baking soda with your favorite perfumed bath salts. Put the mixture in small sachet bags.
• Restore stiff brushes by boiling them in a solution of 1/2 gallon of water, 1/4 cup of vinegar, and a cup of baking soda.
• Put it under sinks and along basement windows to repel cockroaches and ants.
• Scatter baking soda around flowerbeds to prevent rabbits from eating your veggies.
• Sweeten your tomatoes by sprinkling baking soda on the soil around your tomato plants.
•Sprinkle it onto your cat’s litter box to absorb the bad odor.
•Remove the fishy smell from your fillets by soaking the raw fish in baking soda solution for an hour inside the fridge.
•Make fluffier omelets by adding half a teaspoon of baking soda for very three eggs used.
•Soak dried beans to a baking soda solution to make them more digestible.
•Use it as a substitute for baking powder by mixing with it with cream of tartar or vinegar.
•Wash fruits and vegetables with it.
•Make a thick paste of baking soda and water, and used it to scrub enameled cast iron and stainless steel.
•Mix four tablespoons of baking soda with a quart of warm water, and use it to clean the inside part of an oven.
•Use it to unclog gas stoves.
•Use it to get rid of stale odors from cooling containers and thermos bottles.
•Run your coffee maker with a baking soda solution, then rinse.
•Combine with hot water to clean baby bottles.
• Sprinkle it on braai grills, and then rinse it off.
•Scatter it on your greasy garage floor, scrub the floor, and rinse.
• Remove burned-on food from a pan by soaking it in a baking soda solution for 10 minutes before washing.
• Clean your ashtrays with a baking soda solution.
• Keep your drains clean by putting four tablespoons of baking soda in them each week. Flush it down with hot water.
• Clean your shower curtains by soaking them in baking soda and water.
• Put it on a small brush to rub canvas handbags clean.
•Use it to remove melted plastic bread wrapper from a toaster.
Sprinkle baking soda on a damp rug, and then use the rug to clean the toaster.
• Use it to clean your retainers and dentures.
• Boost your laundry detergent’s cleaning power by sprinkling a handful on dirty clothes.
• Combine it with water to make a paste for polishing stainless steel and chrome.
• Remove scratches and crayon marks from vinyl floors and walls.
• Clean your shoes with it.
•. Clean garbage cans with it.
• Use it to wash diapers.
• Clean the fridge with it.
• Soak brushes and combs in a baking soda solution.