Your skin always needs some extra care in winter. Because of dry chilly winds all types of skin becomes dry at this season and becomes dry, dull, lifeless and wrinkled. Good and ideal skin care is always desirable at this season if you want to keep your skin glowing and healthy as dry and cold winter air takes away all the natural moisturizer of the skin.
Cleanse Your Skin With Milk
As winter is dry in most part of the world, air is full with dust. This dust starts to accumulate on our skin when it comes in contact of our skin. Use of creams and lotions help them to stick tightly on skin. The result is clogged pores and outbreak of acne and pimples. To get rid of it regular cleaning of your skin is necessary. Clean your skin at least twice or thrice daily. But, if you use soap or face wash on your skin it removes natural oil of the skin along with dust.
Milk is a natural cleanser which not only cleanses dust without removing natural moisturizer of the skin, it also moisturizes and hydrates skin. Take a cup of chilled milk. Soak a cotton ball in it and apply milk on your skin with the helps o f it. After that, rub the cotton gently on your skin. It will help to remove dirt from the deepest pores of the skin. But it does not makes your skin dry, on the contrary moisturizes it and makes your skin healthy and glowing supplying adequate nutrition. Practice this method twice or thrice daily to get the benefit
Regular Oil Massage
Regular oil massage on skin is necessary in winter. Massage a good quality body oil everyday on your skin at least half an hour before going to take bath. If you want to massage oil before bath then make your oil slightly hot. Hot oil enters your skin better than normal oil. But, do not keep th oil container on direct flame. It will burn the oil. Better place the oil container on hot oil to make the oil worm uniformly. Massage oil on your whole body in a roundabout way till the oil is absorbed by the skin.
Massage enhances the blood circulation and keeps your skin healthy. You can also massage oil immediately after bath. In this case there is no need to make your oil hot. After cleaning, the pores of the skin remain open. So, if you massage oil at this time, your skin absorbs it well and become hydrated and moisturized. For massaging purpose coconut oil, olive oil, almond oil, neem oil, avocado Oil, prime rose oil, etc. are very appropriate as they contain rich fat which are necessary for skin in winter.
Gram Flour And Yogurt
Mix gram flour and yogurt. Apply a thick layer of this paste on your skin. Keep it for 10-15 minutes and then rub gently. This will help to remove unwanted dirt and will keep your skin moisturized. Yogurt also supplies vitamin C to your skin and bleaches your skin naturally. Use this product everyday on your skin and there is no need to use soap.
Almond And Milk
Soak some almond in milk to get soft. Grind it to paste. Add milk in this paste to make it more liquid. Now massage this paste all over your body in winter. Almond is an excellent source of vitamin E which improves the skin’s texture. Moreover, this almond is a good source of rich fat which is appropriate for skin in dry winter. To enhance its power you may mix cashew nut with almond
Glycerin And Rose Water
Take glycerin and rosewater. Mix it in 1:10 ratio. Shake well to mix it properly. Massage this all over your body before going to sleep at night. Everyday massage of this rosewater glycerin helps to make your skin moisturized, soft and supple.
• To do away with the conditions of hardness harnessed during winter, consumption of juicy fruits and vegetable with the particular inclusion of olive oil and primrose juice will prove to be a healthy alternative.
• In order to get rid of external dryness and chaps, application of coconut oil prior to bathing can be another helpful option.
•As far as application of oil is concerned, it is better to opt for ones which do not clog the dermal pores.
•Non clogging oils such as avocado oil, primrose oil and almond oil should be preferred over those causing to block skin pores.
•Application of petroleum jelly on areas particularly affected with chaps and dryness happens to be one of the most effective options.
•Instead of using soap high in their alkaline content, it is better to have your skin washed with paste of ground gram and yogurt.
•In case you prefer using soap, make sure to use one with adequate moisturizing content. Soaps based on natural oils and glycerin may turn out to be a healthy alternative.
• Avoid using hot water for bathing; instead go for lukewarm water enriched with drops of glycerin or herbal oil such as tea tree oil to make up for the loss of moisture.
•Skin may be similarly hydrated with cold creams and moisturizer oily in content. In place of water based moisturizers opted for during summer, go for the oily ones.
•Moisturizing lotions based on glycerin and alpha-hydroxyl content can contribute to the smoothening feel of the skin.
• Skin toner containing essential oils or the rejuvenating elements of Vitamin E can prove to be similarly effective.
• However if the facial skin is naturally oily, avoid using the same on face.
• While going for manicure and pedicure, make sure to have your limbs soaked in lukewarm water enriched with drops of natural oils.
• To prevent brittleness in nails, make sure to pamper your finger and toe nails with sufficient touches of oil, glycerin or moisturizers.
• In order to overcome flaking, chapping and itchy cracks caused during winter, use cotton socks & gloves to have yourself adequately covered from the pinching chill of winter.
•Avoid using facial packs and masks which suck out the natural oil content of the skin. Facial pack containing mud should be avoided for this reason. Rather go for cleansing milk and oil based pack.
•Facial masks containing avocado extracts in addition to olive oil is helpful during winter.
• Similarly a blend of yogurt, buttermilk and sour cream or the creamy layer of milk with respective ingredients being combined in small measure is helpful for activating the skin's collagen content.
• To overcome conditions of dryness and chap formation on lips, opt for a lip balm enriched with Vitamin E.
• Likewise, to get rid of ugly cracks on feet, go for a therapeutic ointment or lotion containing Vitamin E. In extreme cases of cracks, one needs to use ointment containing necessary anti biotic.
• A vital skin care tip for winter involves bare minimum use of water. After a wash or shower, make sure to pat yourself completely dry.
• In case your work demands recurrent exposure to water, make sure to use gloves to have the hands well protected.
• Use humidifiers to have the indoor environment well hydrated and moisturized. With the help of a humidifier, winter harnessed dryness and conditions of cracks can be overcome.
• One need not avoid using sun's cream during winter, but it is always preferable using one with an increased moisturizing content.