ACNE SCARS REMEDIES
Aloe Vera is excellent for treatment of fresh wounds and scars. If you can find the plant, squeeze the leaf and apply the juice to the scar. Else, apply Aloe Vera Gel. Also, apply lemon juice to the scar. Lemon juice is natural bleach and should help.
Before bathing, apply a mixture of tomato pulp – real tomato pulp, not packaged one – honey and rose-water to your face and keep for twenty minutes before washing off.
At night, before going to bed, apply a mix of cream, glycerine, and lemon juice to your face and again keep it on for a short while before washing.
• Take the fresh juice of lemon and dip some cotton wool in it. Pat your face with the cotton and let it dry. Some people may find the lemon juice irritating. In that case, you can dilute it in some water or rose-water. Let it dry for 15-20 minutes and wash your face with water after that. Do this at least four times a week and you will find considerable change.
• Make a paste with some sandalwood powder and rose-water. Add 2-4 drops of lime juice to it. Apply this paste on your face and neck and let it dry completely. After that, rinse your face with cool water and wipe off the paste with cotton wool. Do this on a regular basis (twice a week) to get good results.
• Apply cucumber juice on your face with cotton wool. In summers, you can do this almost daily as it helps cool off the skin and tighten the pores. Cucumber juice is very helpful is making your skin glow and make it feel fresh.
• A popular homemade remedy for removing acne marks is to make a paste of apple and honey. Make the apple paste first and then add 4-6 drops of honey. Apply this mask on your face. Wash off after 15 minutes. This will tighten pores and make your complexion light.
• Try out this home remedy for pigmentation. Blanch and grind a few almonds to a fine paste with 2-table spoon milk and one tablespoon each of orange or carrot juice. Apply well on the face and neck, leave for 1/2 and hour, and wash it off.
• Grind five almonds and mix with 1 teaspoon of fresh cream and a few drops of lemon juice. Apply this paste to the face and neck. Leave on for about fifteen minutes.
• Apply papaya juice, or mashed papaya, to the affected areas.
• Grind equal amounts of sesame seeds and turmeric in a small quantity of water Apply to the face or discoloured skin.
• Grind the dried orange peels in water and apply the paste on the face. This removes pigmentation marks and pimple.
• Boil cumin seeds and wash the face with that water. This gets rid of pigmentation marks, dark circles etc and enhances the beauty.
• Apply cucumber juice on face to remove pigmentation marks and pimples.
- Add radish juice in curd and apply on face to get rid of pimples, acne and pigmentation marks.
BLACKHEAD AND ACNE REMEDIES
Make a paste of turmeric powder in mint juice. Apply on affected area. Wash it off after 20-30 minutes with lukewarm water. Apply fresh mint juice over face every night for pimples or acne prevention. Apply a paste of fresh fenugreek - methi leaves in water over the face every night and washed with warm water in the morning for preventing pimples, blackheads, white heads, dryness, and wrinkles. Apply grated potatoes as poultice to treat skin blemishes, wrinkles, boils, pimples, blackheads, white heads, etc.
Apply a paste of fresh methi (fenugreek) leaves over the face every night for 10-15 minutes and washed with warm water. This will prevent pimples, blackheads, and wrinkles. Mix groundnut oil with an equal amount of fresh lime juice and apply on face. Leave for 10-15 minutes and wash. It may be applied daily to prevent formation of blackheads and pimples (acne). Apply juice of raw papaya (including the skin and seed) on swelling pimples or acne.
DARK CIRCLES UNDER THE EYE REMEDIES
Make a 1:1 mixture of fresh potato and cucumber juices. Soak some cotton and put on your eyelids and keep for 20 minutes. Wash your eyes with cold water.
Apply a mixture of lemon and tomato juice (equal parts) on the dark circles 2 times a day.
Apply a paste of turmeric powder with pineapple juice for dark circles under the eyes.
Crush some mint and apply it around the eye.
Massage with almond oil under and around eyes at bed time daily for 2 weeks and see the improvement. Almond is very good skin food and helps to remove dark circles.
OILY SKIN REMEDIES
Lemon juice, flour, turmeric powder- Make a paste. (Use all purpose flour) Plain yogurt can be used in place of lemon juice. Apply all over the face except the eye area. Let dry. Rinse. The acids in the lemon juice treat dark spots on the face clearing the complexion. Turmeric brightens the look. (Lemon juice might cause a tingling sensation). Feel the fresh and oil-free skin afterwards.
Half an hour before taking your bath apply on your face half teaspoon each of lime and cucumber juice mixed together.
You may use tomatoes as an oily skin home remedy. Make some tomato puree and apply it on the face. Rinse off after ten minutes.
Yogurt is also popular as an oily skin home remedy. Use it as such or mix it with fuller's earth to make a paste to be applied on the skin.
Mashed papaya is also good for oily skin. Apply it on the skin and rinse off after 20 minutes.
Lemons, limes, and even a cucumber can dramatically reduce skin oils and make your skin feel fresh. Mix 1/2 teaspoon of lime juice and cucumber juice [chop a chunk off the cucumber and squeeze you will be amazing at how much liquid it holds] rub into skin before bathing.
MOSQUITO BITE SCAR REMEDIES.
A mosquito bite turns into a bump on your skin that itches badly. After scratching it for a while, it can develop into a large, ugly spot. The scar’s condition can get worse, depending on the severity of the mosquito bite. After the mark heals, it often leaves behind a scar that can take months to disappear. However, there are ways to help these scars disappear quickly.
Put lemon juice on the scar, and massage it into the skin. Lemon juice contains vitamin C, which helps cells regrow. This will reduce inflammation and heal the scar quickly. Use a spray bottle or a washcloth to apply the lemon juice.
Apply baking soda to the mosquito bite to remove dead skin cells. Rub it onto the bite area twice a day. It also can relieve any discoloration. A soap-like substance can be created by combining a tablespoon of baking soda with a teaspoon of water. Rub this mixture on your skin. Let it rest on your body for about a minute, and then rinse it off.
Rub vitamin E oil on the bite area. This will hydrate your skin cells, making them much softer, which helps remove the dead cells more easily. Massage the oil onto your skin for 2 or 3 minutes. Remove any excess oil with a cloth.
• Slices added directly to burn or mash first then apply to burn.
• Grate cucumbers and mix with milk. Apply directly to sunburn.
• Smooth honey over the burn or slather honey on a strip of gauze and apply to skin.
• Mix honey with lime or lemon juice (80/20) and apply to burn.
• Mix honey 50/50 with milk, stir well, and then apply to skin.
Tea: The tannic acid from tea is soothing for sunburns
• Steep a large pot of very strong tea using 4 – 6 tea bags. Refrigerate the tea until its cold then soak small towels in the tea and apply to burn area. Can also spray the cold tea on burn. The tea could stain the towels; you may not want to use your best.
• Save used tea bags and apply to burn area (make sure to have bags at room temperature first).
• Bathe in a cool bath with several tea bags in the water.
Egg White: This is another but guaranteed effective home remedy for pimples. Apply an egg white over your face like a mask covering your face completely. Then let it dry before you wash it. Now wash your face with warm water. You can apply this egg mask on every alternate day if not everyday.
Toothpaste: It’s a plain myth that toothpaste is used just to clean your teeth, in fact toothpaste and pimples have a deep connection. You can get rid of pimples overnight by applying it over your affected areas and leave it overnight. Wash it off in the morning and see the results. Nobody can even make a guess that there was any pimple over your face.
Calamine Lotion: First clean your face or the affected area with an astringent. Then apply calamine lotion over the affected areas and leave it for overnight and wash it in the morning.
Lemon with rose water: Take equal amounts of lemon extract and rose water and apply it over your face for say half an hour. Wash your face with fresh water or warm water and see the results in fifteen days.