- Summer is thetime we spend out doors entertaining on the patio and around the pool. fill pots in these areas with marguerite daisies
- Add bright colour to sunny rockery pockets and between paving stones with portulaca a heat resistant annual with cream, yellow, orange, red and purple cup shaped flowers.
- Use cushions of silver grey artemisia to cool down the vibrant colours of marigolds and zinnias and catmint
- Plant up two sun loving annuals that are heat resistant once established this summe. Vinca has a compact, branchingf growth habit a large flowers in white blush apricot lilac and grape often with with a contrasting centre
- Fertilise and water fruit trees deeply once a week in dry weathe. Spray for fruit fly and pick up and destroy or bury
fallen fruit that may be infestive with the larvae of fruit fly. Support branches laden with fruit to avoid breaking in strong winds.
- Plants benefit from deep watering rather than daily sprinklings which only encourages roots to stay near the surface and dry out
Courtesy of Kay Montgomery