COURTESY SHIREEN HASSEN @ GOING GOURMET
1 whole snoek
1 tsp coarse salt
2 tsp crushed garlic
2 tsp coarse red chillies
1 tsp black pepper
125g apricot jam (smooth)
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
1. Sprinkle the salt on the snoek and allow to stand for 30 minutes.
2. Rinse and pat dry.
3. Melt the butter in a pan. Add the garlic, red chillies and black pepper.
4. Add the apricot jam, lemon juice and zest.
5. Marinate the snoek with the marinade.
6. Braai fo approx 15 minutes turning over halfway through.
7. Baste with leftover marinade.
8. Serve with extra apricot lemon butter.