CURRENTLY ON AIR ⇒
  • Ml Hussain Haffejee
    Sunday, 6:00 am - 7:00 am
    [ - ]

feedback@radioislam.org.za

logo


((( Listen Live )))))
Radio Islam Logo


Lisbon Bank Accounts of Angola’s Ex First Daughter Frozen

Following a request by Angolan authorities, Portugal has instructed a freeze on bank accounts held in the country by Angola’s billionaire former first daughter, Isabel dos Santos. Angola had been a former Portuguese colony. Angola’s prosecutor general, Helder Pitta Gros, visited Portugal last month to enlist the aid of Portuguese authorities over the case.

Dos Santos has been accused of syphoning state funds to build a massive business empire. The “Luanda Leaks” published on the 19th of January claim Dos Santos fraudulently amassed a fortune estimated at over $2 billion. The Luanda Leaks are a collection of 715,000 emails, charts, contracts, audits, and accounts purportedly illuminating how Dos Santos built a business empire worth that colossal amount of money. She achieved fame, and wealth, supposedly through crucial roles and investments in some of Angola’s most important industries. She has denied the accusations of theft  as “unfounded allegations and false claims.” Dos Santos says she has taken steps “to act legally” against the media outlets that published the Luanda Leaks.

After President Joao Lourenco, who had taken over from her father, dismissed Dos Santos as head of the state oil company, Sonangol, in 2017, the 46-year-old has been residing in Europe. She has been indicted by Angolan prosecutors for a multitude of high-level financial crimes, including money laundering and forging documents.

Aside from bank accounts, Dos Santos and her associates are said to have huge stakes in several Portuguese companies.

Umm Muhammad Umar 12.02.20

ADVERTISE HERE

Prime Spot!!!

Contact:
advertisingadmin@radioislam.co.za 

Related Articles

Alternative Mining Indaba 2026

Alternative Mining Indaba 2026

Rabia Mayet | rabiamayet@radioislam.co.za 19 February 2026 1-minute read The Alternative Mining Indaba which concluded in Cape Town brought together an array of people under the theme: Alternative Stories of Mining, united in solidarity with the mining communities...

read more
SONA 2026: Calls for Action on Frontline Public Services

SONA 2026: Calls for Action on Frontline Public Services

Neelam Rahim | neelam@radioislam.co.za 3-minute read 11 February 2026 As South Africa prepares for the 2026 State of the Nation Address (SONA), renewed calls are being made for the government to prioritise the rebuilding of frontline public services, which analysts...

read more
ActionSA’s Proposal For Immigrants

ActionSA’s Proposal For Immigrants

Rabia Mayet | rabiamayet@radioislam.co.za 17 February 2026 2-minute read On the revised ‘White Paper on Citizenship, Immigration and Refugee Protection’ published last year, Actions SA has proposed for only 10 thousand applications for asylum seekers to be considered...

read more
What DA Premier Expects From SONA

What DA Premier Expects From SONA

Rabia Mayet | rabiamayet@radioislam.co.za 12 February 2026 2-minute read With 345 murders in the Western Cape this January, DA Premier Allen Winde states that his expectations from SONA this year are levelled towards crime. The party has been calling for a long time...

read more

Subscribe to our Newsletter

0 Comments