CURRENTLY ON AIR ⇒
  • Globe Trotting
    Sunday, 2:05 pm - 3:00 pm
    [ - ]

feedback@radioislam.org.za

logo


((( Listen Live )))))
Radio Islam Logo


Middle East Report- Trump hesitates on Iran strike as Israel presses ahead with bombings

Sameera Casmod | sameerac@radioislam.co.za
20 June 2025 | 12:35 CAT
2-minute read

US President Donald Trump will decide whether or not to intervene in the Israel-Iran war within the next two weeks.

Press secretary Karoline Leavitt delivered the news in a White House press briefing:

“Based on the fact that there’s a substantial chance of negotiations that may or may not take place with Iran in the near future, I will make my decision whether or not to go within the next two weeks.”

This announcement comes after Iran’s deputy foreign minister told a major news outlet it would cause major upheaval in the region if the US did get involved, adding, “This is not America’s war.”

Analysts indicate that the move could be a ruse to placate Iran and give them a false sense of security, so they will be caught off guard if and when the US strikes Iranian nuclear facilities.

In this week’s Middle East Report, political analyst James Dorsey unpacked the layers of confusion surrounding the situation, noting that President Trump is facing pressure both domestically and from allies abroad.

“More confusion. That’s what it comes down to,” Dorsey said. “Trump is dealing with serious problems at home with regard to Iran. His Make America Great Again base is split on this.”

According to Dorsey, Trump’s military advisors are also warning him that there’s no guaranteed success in striking Iran. On the ground, the situation remains volatile, with Israel continuing its bombing campaign and Iran retaliating despite its military disadvantage.

“They [Iran] lost their military command—both conventional and Revolutionary Guards—and yet, within hours, they had a new command in place and were launching missile barrages.”

Although Iran has shown resilience, Dorsey says the Islamic Republic is running out of viable options.

“They don’t have a fighting chance,” he said. “If they compromise on uranium enrichment, the last fig leaf of legitimacy of this government is gone.”

As Israel’s airstrikes continue, some analysts suggest the broader goal is not just the destruction of Iran’s nuclear facilities but a strategic push to force Iran into compliance with US and Israeli demands—possibly even inciting regime change.

“What they’re looking for is, first and foremost, the destruction of the nuclear programme,” Dorsey stated. “Whether that’s physical destruction or forcing Iran into a situation where it has to surrender its enrichment strategy.”

Listen to the Middle East Report on Sabaahul Muslim with Moulana Sulaimaan Ravat.

ADVERTISE HERE

Prime Spot!!!

Contact:
advertisingadmin@radioislam.co.za 

Related Articles

Alternative Mining Indaba 2026

Alternative Mining Indaba 2026

Rabia Mayet | rabiamayet@radioislam.co.za 19 February 2026 1-minute read The Alternative Mining Indaba which concluded in Cape Town brought together an array of people under the theme: Alternative Stories of Mining, united in solidarity with the mining communities...

read more
SONA 2026: Calls for Action on Frontline Public Services

SONA 2026: Calls for Action on Frontline Public Services

Neelam Rahim | neelam@radioislam.co.za 3-minute read 11 February 2026 As South Africa prepares for the 2026 State of the Nation Address (SONA), renewed calls are being made for the government to prioritise the rebuilding of frontline public services, which analysts...

read more
ActionSA’s Proposal For Immigrants

ActionSA’s Proposal For Immigrants

Rabia Mayet | rabiamayet@radioislam.co.za 17 February 2026 2-minute read On the revised ‘White Paper on Citizenship, Immigration and Refugee Protection’ published last year, Actions SA has proposed for only 10 thousand applications for asylum seekers to be considered...

read more
What DA Premier Expects From SONA

What DA Premier Expects From SONA

Rabia Mayet | rabiamayet@radioislam.co.za 12 February 2026 2-minute read With 345 murders in the Western Cape this January, DA Premier Allen Winde states that his expectations from SONA this year are levelled towards crime. The party has been calling for a long time...

read more

Subscribe to our Newsletter

0 Comments