Virtues of the Ahlul Bayt
Tharid was the best dish that the Arabs would eat. It was made up of meat, bread, and gravy. Hence, it was not only the tastiest of their dishes, but it was the most nutritious and beneficial dish as well. Rasulullah ﷺ said:
إنَ فَضْل عَائِشَة عَلَى النِّسَاءِ كَفَضْلِ الثَّرِيدِ عَلَى سَائِرِ الطَّعَام
The superiority of Aisha over all women is like the superiority of tharid over all other dishes. [Ibn Majah]
Some ‘ulama’ are of the opinion that this comparison excludes Sayyidah Khadijah and Sayyidah Fatimah radiya Llahu ‘anhuma due to the ahaadith regarding them. Other scholars interpret these narrations to mean that their virtues relate to different aspects.
Famous personalities from the Ahlul Bayt: Aisha رضي الله عنها
‘Urwah RA reports regarding Aisha RA:
She gave seventy thousand in charity whereas she would patch the side of her garment. [Siyar]
Umm Dharrah (her slave-girl) reports:
Ibn al Zubair RA sent two containers of money to Aisha RA. The total amount was a hundred thousand (coins). She began distributing it amongst the people.
When the evening came, she asked, “O young girl, please bring my fatur (food that’s partaken after a fast).”
Umm Dharrah replied, “O Umm al Mu’minin, were you not able to buy for us meat with one coin?”
She replied, “Do not scold me, if you reminded me I would have done so.” [Al Hakim (quoted from Siyar)]
Nine Special Bounties of Allah upon Her
1. Rasulullah ﷺ was informed through revelation that she is his wife.
2. She was the only virgin that Rasulullah ﷺ married.
3. Rasulullah ﷺ passed away in her lap.
4. Rasulullah ﷺ is buried in her house.
5. The angels were permanently around her house, (on account of Rasulullah ﷺ).
6. She was the daughter of his closest friend and khalifah.
7. Allah revealed her innocence in the Qur’an.
8. Allah referred to her as pure in the Qur’an and granted her the purest husband.
9. She was promised forgiveness and noble sustenance. [Siyar]