Naseerah Nanabhai | email@example.com
2 June 2023 | 17:00 CAT
1 min read
Over recent years, holistic health has gained popularity among those who prioritise optimal well-being and holistic health centres around the idea that proper health and wellness incorporates the mind, body, and spirit and is not limited to physical health alone.
By moving away from solely focusing on treating symptoms, holistic health addresses the underlying causes of imbalance, thereby promoting long-term wellness. It emphasises the relationship between different areas of a person’s life, such as mental, emotional, physical and spiritual.
The key areas of holistic health include physical well-being, which involves caring for the body and dealing with nutrition, exercise, sleep, and preventive healthcare. Mental and emotional well-being deals with mental states, stress management, self-awareness, and spiritual well-being, which includes exploring and nurturing one’s sense of purpose, meaning, and connection to something greater than oneself.
Adopting practices encompassing all dimensions of well-being is essential to achieve holistic health.
- Engaging in regular exercise or physical activities that create enjoyment and promote strength.
- It is developing mindfulness and self-reflection through meditation or journaling.
- They are prioritising self-care and relaxation to recharge and rejuvenate.
- They are nourishing the body with a wholesome and balanced diet.
- Seeking support and nurturing relationships that promote positive emotional well-being.
- They are performing regular prayers and practising gratitude.
Holistic health encourages people to understand the interrelation of their physical, mental, and spiritual dimensions to achieve overall well-being. By adopting a holistic approach and embracing practices that address all dimensions of health, individuals can foster a harmonious and balanced life which will lead to greater contentment.