By Mumtaz Moosa Saley
When you log onto your Instagram account, you will notice the number of accounts being hacked, and many small businesses have lost their accounts to so-called crypto traders looking to make a quick buck here and there.
The key is to stop clicking links sent to you. Yes, you do not need to know what job suits your face or what sort of animal instinct best describes you. If you look at your account after clicking such links, you will see that you have given the site permission to monitor your accounts and, in most cases, lose your social media accounts entirely. While some may be scammers, others tend to post vile videos tagging your friends, hoping someone clicks the link.
This is how many accounts have been hacked and lost in the long run.
If you get a link via your inbox, please find out what it is about or do not click on it. Just ignore.!
Here are some tips to keep you safe.
1. Reset passwords every year.
2. Always opt for the two-factor authentication process.
3. Do not click links unless it is from a reputable site.
4. If your social media pages have been stolen, getting them back is a long process involving proving that it belongs to you, and it’s not always successful.
5. Again, stop clicking links to view your personality trait, see what word best describes you and so on.