· These days all airline tickets are e-tickets so you should carry a printout of your e-ticket plus a reference number.
· Always check all departures times and dates of your flights.
· Check that you have enough time to make your connecting flights and that the dates are corrected.
· Check your e-ticket to make sure you are on the flight you requested.
· Label your luggage with your name and address.
· The ideal way to travel is with one smallish carry on bag.
· If you are taking presents for friends and family, pack them in a soft suitcase, which can then be packed flat in your own case when returning home.
· If you are visiting a country where the language is not English, write down the name of your hotel clearly to give to taxi drivers or get somebody to write the address out for you.
· Do your homework before you travel. The more informed you are the easier you will find things. Besides it is interesting to read about new countries and destination.