By Naseerah Nanabhai25:05:2022
Creativity is the ability to conceptualise new imaginations, possibilities, and ideas.
Generally, being creative means developing new ideas or partly new ones that are valuable to the task at hand.
In the business world, creativity is highly valued. Industries that generate new, useful, and commercially successful ideas and products have the upper hand over those that don’t. Profit margins are greatly influenced by innovation and the filling of undetected gaps in the market. This means that businesses should aim to spark creativity and creative thinking on all enterprise levels. But how can it be done? These are tips to help spark new ideas:
- Make time for exercise: it is the best way to get your creative juices going and get the energy needed to follow up on your ideas!
- Take the mind off the tasks: taking your mind off a task can help re-spark creativity, especially if it is time used to do something completely unrelated.
- Picture the possibility for growth: seek questions like, When I can better understand and picture the more significant potential for growth, change, joy or impact, and it is a bridge from taking differentiated actions from past patterns to adopt those actions as an ongoing habit.
- Take a clarity break daily: A 30 to 45-minute break into your daily routine will allow you to take a step back to understand the big picture and potentially leave a little time for a more creative and strategic thought process.
- Change locations or your environment: Changing locations often helps to inspire creativity, as it may spark new ideas and new ways of looking at things.