Naseerah Nanabhai | email@example.com
11 May 2023 | 17:00 CAT
2 min read
Artificial Intelligence (AI) has been making headlines in recent years as technological advancements are making it more accessible and powerful than ever before.
AI has the potential to transform the way we live, work, and interact with each other, and it is rapidly becoming a crucial aspect of modern life. The rise of AI brings exciting opportunities, such as improved efficiency and accuracy in various industries, but also raises important ethical considerations, such as job losses and privacy.
That brings the question, which AI services are available for us?
Here are some common examples of artificial intelligence available to the public:
- Voice assistants use natural language processing to understand and respond to your questions or commands.
- Chatbots: AI chatbots are another form of virtual assistant that can interact with people.
- Language translation: Services like Google Translate, Microsoft Translator, Amazon Translate, and ChatGPT all use it to translate text.
- Productivity: Microsoft 365 Copilot is an excellent example of an LLM used as an AI productivity tool embedded within Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, Teams, and more to automate tasks for you.
- Image and video recognition: Different programs use AI to find information about the content in images and videos, such as the faces, text, and objects within them.
- Software development: Many developers have started using AI to write and debug code, but many other AI tools are available to make a programmer’s job easier.
- Whether you are in manufacturing, retail, marketing, healthcare, or business, artificial intelligence and automation practices are starting to shift the way industries operate.
Generative AI applications and tools can fulfil various project requirements and tasks for professional and personal use cases. It should be noted that AI currently can’t and shouldn’t be adopted to take over employee jobs; instead, it’s an excellent supplement for research, coaching, and creative content generation.