THIS RECIPE IS ONE OF MARHOOMA AUNTY KHATIJA EBRAHIM MIA RECIPES
MAY ALLAH GRANT HER AND ALL THE MARHOOM JANNATUL FIRDOUS AMEEN
Make a vagaar with 1/2 onion,
add in 1 teaspoon mustard seeds,
about 3 elachi pods, 1 & 1/2 teaspoon jeeru.
Add 1 tablespoon ground green chillie/garlic masala,
1/2 teaspoon tumeric powder,
1 & 1/2 teaspoon dhana jeeru, dash of balsamic vinegar,
salt to taste,
handful of limri leaves.
Cook a bit, add in your mix of vegebles :
1 brinjal cut up,
handful of green beans,
handful of papri,
about 6 -8 baby onions
, 6-8 baby patotoes,
2 medium carrots cut up,
1/2 green pepper in large slices,
1/2 red pepper in large slices,
1 cup sliced button mushrooms,
half cup yoghurt,
grate in about 1/2 tomatoe to make it saucy..
• Don’t mix too much when cooking to avoid veggies breaking.
• First add in veggies that take longer to cook & gradually add in the rest.
• When curry is almost done, sprinkle over 6-8 rosa tomatoes & steam for about 10 minutes.
• Also a variation is to add patha slices & steam with rosa tomatoes
• Serve with piping hot rotis & assorted achaars.