CREAMY CORIANDER SAUCE
½ cup cream, ½ cup sour cream ,1 clove garlic , ½ tsp corn flour, 1 tsp water ,1 tblsp fresh dhana, 2 tsp lemon juice.
• Heat cream sour cream and garlic in pan
• Stir in blended corn flour and water
• Stir overheat until sauce boils and thickens
• Mix in dhania and lemon juice
• Thus sauce is used for chicken and seafood
BASIC CHEESE SAUCE.
50gr butter, ¼ cup flour, 1 ½ cups milk, 1/3 cup cheddar cheese.
Melt butter in pan stir in flour stir over heat until mixture is dry and grainy. Remove from heat gradually stir in milk stir over heat until sauce boils and thickens. Cool slightly and stir in cheese
LEMON BUTTER SAUCE RECIPE FOR BAKED FISH
1 side of white fish
Prepare and bake
Ingredients for sauce.
600gm butter,2 lemons, halved , plus the juice of 2 lemon, 3 cloves garlic crushed , 2Tbl fresh cream, black pepper ,10 gm finely chopped parsley.
Bake fish 10 to 15 mins or until done. Oil baking tray to prevent it from sticking. Melt 200 grams butter together with garlic and lemon juice in a small saucepan. Add cream and mix well. Season then add parsley. Serve the fish with the sauce and boiled baby potatoes.
2eggs, 100 gm butter, 1tblsp lemon juice, 1tsp mustard.
• Separate 2 eggs placing the yolks in a separate bowl.
• Melt the butter in a saucepan.
• Add the lemon juice and mustard whisk together.
• Now add spoons full of melted butter to the yolks whisking well after each addition.
• Once all the butter had been incorporated u should have a smooth rich sauce.
• This sauce is suitable for poached eggs, steam fish.
NB.THE WATER MUST NOT BE ALLOWED TO BOIL AS IT WILL CAUSE THE MIXTURE TO SPLIT .IF TO CURDLE OR SEPARATE
Pinch of cream of tartar
Pinch of salt
1 tblsp butter
1 tsp vanilla essence
• Boil together sugar, water , cream of tartar, salt and cocoa for 5 minutes
• Stir in the butter and allow to cool
• Add vanilla and serve hot or cold
RECIPES SHARED ON THE HOUSEHOLD EXPRESS PROGRAM WITH SISTER AMMARAH ON RADIO ISLAM INTERNATIONAL
RECIPES COURTESY: KHATIJA EBRAHIM AND HAWA SURTEE