CREDIT AND COURTESY @ MONOWARA MOHAMED BHAMJEE
1 pkt of Marie biscuits
1 Cup pecan nuts(cut upa roughly)
4 egg Whites
¾ cup Castor Sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
A pinch of cream of tartar
1 Tblsp maizena
750ml fresh cream,
Chocolate swirls &
Pecan nuts for decoration
- Preheat oven to 160°C
- Cover 2 baking trays with baking paper
- Crush the biscuits roughly, add the cut up pecans and set aside
- In an electric mixer beat the egg whites till soft peaks form, add the castor sugar slowly and continue to beat until all the sugar is used up, continue beating until it becomes a thick creamy and glossy mixture.
- Fold in the vanilla essence, cream of tartar and maizena.
- Add the Marie biscuit and pecan mixture & mix well
- Divide mixture into 4 and make 4 round discs, the size of the loose bottom of a springform pan, flatten with the back of the spoon to smoothen and bake it for 30 minutes
- Switch off the oven & leave the disc’s in for another 10 minutes to crisp more
- Take it out and Let it cool on the trays.
- Carefully remove them and decorate by stacking it on top of one another piping the beaten cream, ending with cream(slightly sweetened) then, Decorate it with choc swirls and pecans.