COURTESY CARIEMA ISAACS.. MY CAPE MALAY KITCHEN COOKBOOK
1 tblsp sugar
¾ cup milk
2 tblsp melted butter
400g pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, diced, boiled, drained and mashed
2 cups self raising flour
¼ tsp salt
Oil for shallow frying.
Cinnamon and sugar
- Mix the egg and sugar together in a mixing bowl until the sugar is dissolved
- Add the milk, melted butter and mashed pumpkin and mix until all the ingredients are well in co orporated.
- Sift the flour and salt into a separate bowl. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix this until it forms a smooth but fairly stiff batter.
- Warm the oil over a medium heat and shallow fry the fritters until they develop a crispy crust and are golden brown on both sides.
- Remove from the pan and dry on paper towel to drain any excess oil.
- Transfer into a serving platter and sprinkle cinnamon and sugar.
- Serve while hot.