250g butter/ stork to bake marg (room temp),
¾ cup icing sugar,
1 cup maizena (corn flour),
½ cup oil,
1 tsp vanilla essence,
± 2 cups flour (as needed)
½ – ¾ cup finely chopped almonds
Dewchoc chocolate (melted)
Peanut nibs or almond nibs
1. Beat butter & sugar till creamy.
2. Add the rest of ingredients, except flour & beat in.
3. Now add in a little flour at a time to make a soft dough, adding as needed, binding by hand.
4. Roll out in balls and press with fork, OR roll gently between two sheets of wax wrap and use cutters (do not roll dough too thin so you may lift easily), OR pipe through biscuit nozzles.
*I use a 6 point star biscuit nozzle to pipe circles.*
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 160°C for 15min.
6. Allow to cool.
7. Dip in melted chocolate and sprinkle nibs.
8. Leave to set & store in airtight containers.